Surgical excision of skin leasions
The procedure is carried out in local anaesthesia. The skin lesion or lesions are removed within healthy tissue taking into account the cosmetic effect. The lesion/lesions are sent for microscopic examination to confirm the diagnosis. The skin is then sutured to allow for good healing and good cosmetic effect.
– warts, verrucas
– fibromas, skin tags
– lipomas (local fat deposits)
– serious ilnesses such as cardiac insufficiency
– local skin infections in the inguinal area
– general infections: viral/bacterial
– blood thinning medication
– allergy to anasthetic medication
– pregnancy and breast feeding
The procedure is safe and allows the patient to go back to normal everyday activity straight away.
Post operative recommendations
– desinfecting the wound and changing the dressing every day